View Single Post

Thread: The Royal Artificery Society - IC

1. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: The Royal Artificery Society - IC

Ronce Office
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronce
    "Hmmmm, yes. I have an associate that works at the Light's Heart hospital in the slums. She should be able to help. If you tell sister Brunhild Pebble that I've send you, she should be most forthcoming. I'll see about getting you some more help, but I do expect you to take the h eald in this. that's waht your studies at the Society Campus have been rpeparing you for after all, haven't they?"
    "Thank you, sir. Of course, sir", Z replies with a respectful bow.

Ronce grimaces at the mention of cost, but then nods. "For the health of my fellow citizens, it is an investment I'll gladly make. As fort hat metal, well, I wish you'd mentioned it earlier. When the outbreak of this disease just began some good-for-nothing scoundrel bought up every stock of the metal they could get their hands on, no doubt intending to sell it at a vastly inflated price. I do have my own contacts to lean on, but it'll be several weeks yet before can expect a sufficiently large supply." He sighs. "Still, it's good to hear that you're willing to think with me on this. I wish all my associates had such a good attitude."
    So typical Ronce. To in one moment make golden promises of support and in the next moment scowl at the support you asked of him. Not that he would ever dare say that to his face. "Very magnanomous of you sir, I am certain the citizens will appreciate your charity. I deeply apologize for my tardiness, sir, you are absolutely right, I should have made the suggestion earlier." Of course, at that time he had no reason to tell Ronce anything and really, the fat geezer could just have asked.

"Now, I believe you've got your work cut out for you, while I'll start looking for some trustworthy assistants for you. We'll talk again a week from now. I'm sure
    you'll already have made spectacular progress by then!" RonCe dismisses Z with a wave of his hand, then returns to studying one of the letters on his desk.
    "I'll endeaver to not disappoint, sir. I'll leave the list of ingredients with your secretary," he says before he gets up and leaves. He writes a list once he's outside ands hands it off to the secretary before heading towards the Society. He'll keep the Light's Heart hospital as a backup in case this approach doesn't show anything.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    He puts down a list of ingredients for a total of 1000gp value? Having played a lot of high lvl DnD I have become throughly desensitized to gold piece value so if that's off in any direction feel free to pick another more realistic price. It's equivalent to 20 antiplagues which I honestly feel is lowballing it a little given we're looking at RnD on something much more complicated.
    Last edited by Sønderjye; 2021-01-23 at 07:21 PM.