View Single Post

Thread: The Royal Artificery Society - IC

1. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Royal Artificery Society - IC

Zeal’s Bedroom

A chill fall breeze sways blue curtains and passes into a lit bedroom that has yet to relent to the night’s embrace. Illuminated by oil lantern, the warm light dances against the pale blue walls with the breeze in concert. The room decorations are soft pinks and blues, and not a single piece of furniture or permanent fixture lacks a drop of paint.

Zeal sits on a comfortable squarish pink chair. In front of her, an easel stands tall. In the room is a pink fluffy bed which never gets slept on but often serves as a muse. A nightstand flanks each side of the bed, one with a healthy looking philodendron that reaches the floor. An entire wall is blocked by desks filled with tools and alchemist vials. Paintings of the portrait, abstract, and surrealism variety cover the walls. A wardrobe is so stuffed full of a rainbow of clothes that it cannot close. Zeal paints, the view focusing on her art, a disembodied plague doctor’s outfit treating a mannequin’s cut bleeding arm while taking their temperature. Zeal paints until dawn.

Grand plaza (Monument)

She locks her front door in the morning and leaves for the Grand plaza. Her mind broods heavy on what plagues the city. The suffering she sees, even the empty streets, was on such a scale she never could have imagined such a thing outside of war. While Riam Fopransoog told her that a plague was certainly possible and even had happened in the past, experience taught her more than any teacher or book in the archives. The next mention of the dead may be a person she knows. She didn’t know many people in the Stormdrain, but she knew alchemist and biologist that are working on cures. And, not all of them are so young anymore.

Spoiler: She wears something causal today
    Show

Zeal walks through the crowd and reads the noticeboard. The announcements always have the juicy stuff. Those are frightening symptoms. And, a reminder on caution. That were not the announcements she expected but they were not a surprise. She reads the commissions.

Ship design sounds like something she would enjoy. She accepts the sewer caused the plague until she reads the attached notes. What type of game is the emperor playing!? Mr. Curnow is the expert, and if anyone knows what caused the plague it is him. Thankfully Mr. Curnow left a note, or else she’d have to force herself to get involved with redesigning the sewer. She wants to actually help treat the disease. Light’s heart hospital. She doesn’t know the place, but a hospital shouldn’t be hard to find. Her yellow eyes widen at the security consultants commission.

She shouts in joy, “I get to rob a bank!?” She declares, “I’m going to rob a bank!” She has never robbed a bank before but she always wanted to since this very moment! “First, I’m going to deal with that nasty plague, then I’ll rob Goldrow! Mark my words: Zeal will rob Goldrow Bank!” She puffs her chest at any doubters or annoyed people. “The society will knock the socks right off Goldrow, and we’ll steal their socks too!” After her declaration, she leaves with a dramatic turn to return to her shop. She has a lot to do and people are depending on her.

Arcane Arts & Crafts

A nicely painted, easy to read, sign hangs with the shop’s name above the door. The sign has the image of a beaker with a used paint brush in it. Zeal walks inside, sees Elrah, and says, “Good morning~” A sweetness rings in her voice.

Elrah Ettlundl was the first employee Zeal ever hired at her shop. She has a small talent for alchemy and a friendly personality, always eager to learn. She takes clear, easy to read notes in the store’s ledger and is good with the customers. Anything she lacks in skill she makes up for in passion. She has her own key to the store and often opens unprompted if Zeal is lost in a project. She has some trouble at home, but that hasn’t interfered with her work yet.

Spoiler: Elrah Ettlundl
    Show

The storefront’s shelves are lined with bottles of every shape and color. Pastes. Oils. Elixirs. The display shelves in the room house raw alchemy ingredients, plants, animal parts, minerals, etc. There are inexpensive material components for stocking spell component pouches as well as filled spell pouches. Mixed in with alchemy supplies are dyes and pastes someone could use to make their own paint. Supplies sit here or there for stylizing. Sections of the shelving are devoted to tools of the trade. A one stop shop for alchemy with a splash of random color thrown in. The storefront is well decorated, uniformed in style, and gives a well-resoucred quality impression.

Zeal, “Let the others into the workshop when they get here.” Zeal walks through the storefront and upstairs with purpose. She shouts downstairs so Elrah can hear her, “The society posted a commission for helping with the plague. I’m going to head down to Stormdrain and talk to the priests to see if there is anything I can do to help." There is a loud commotion like stuff is being tossed aside but that is not unusual. "I might be able to do something down there to help put an end to all this.” She stomps downstairs wearing something different. She t-poses and spins around.

Spoiler: Properly Dressed
    Show

“What do you think? Oh, and I might rob a bank.” Not really caring to explain, she will leave as fast as she came like a whirlwind of energy. She leaves for Light's heart hospital.
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2021-01-23 at 07:16 PM.