The Escribano Workshop

So it seemed Shandara's initial hunch was wrong. Of course it was. That's what she gets for underestimating a Curator.

Comparing the two maps - one of the Stormdrain District, and the other, the proposed sewer designs - she could already see what a messy warren of tiny streets the place was. Maria Escribano's designs already seemed to follow the major streets, if you could even call them that, as much as possible. Yet connecting it all in an even remotely-efficient manner meant digging right under half the buildings.

Hm.. could magical connections be established between separate pipes, transferring sewage over a distance without physically crossing that distance?? The conjuration school of magic would seem the most appropriate here, but... Hmm...

Spoiler: ooc
Show
Just brainstorming here, so I guess this would be without the aid of a library and I may be able to try again. But I'd assume that even if I had access to 3rd level wizard spells, we are strapped for options.

knowledge (arcana): (1d20+16)[23]

That said, setting up something similar to teleportation circles and magic portals is probably much too hard. But, speaking of the conjuration and summoning field, imagine if you will, a "summon sewage" effect, confined to a certain range, or other constraints such as a cone or whatever counts as underground. That might be able to work, but then the next trick is getting it to repeatedly cast by itself...