View Single Post

Thread: The Royal Artificery Society - OOC

1. - Top - End - #72
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: The Royal Artificery Society - OOC

@Prehysterical&Windstruck, Bah, uninformed peasants, scared for the inevitable avalance of technology. The future is metal and we might as well accept that.

More seriously it could just be grafts for warforged, for people that have lost a limp and now we might as well give them something useful instead of simply a replacement, or just an addition rather than replacement like a way of getting wings.

Though, obviously I'm not going to engage your character on it if you don't enjoy the fantasy.

@Armonia13,
    Yep, detect magic was a magewright spell and often comes in handy. Happy to help you with the item later, I'll even throw in a friends discount.

On taking 10 on knowledge. As far as I know you can take 10 on all skills(except UMD which have a specific clause that you can't take 10) as long as you aren't distracted or under threat. It seems pretty unambiguous in under the skill section in the d20pfsrd. I'm not super famliar with the bard ability but my assumption is that it allows you to take 10 during combat which you otherwise can't.

On aiding another. I just reread the aid another section under skills and as I recalled there are no restrictions on skills you can use it on. I had forgotten that I need to roll a 10 or higher on the same roll because only competent help actually gives a bonus. The description specifically calls out that the GM can put in restrictions as they choose so if DeTess says I can't then I can't. Still, it's a lot easier to understand something if you have someone to bounce ideas off(see rubberducking) and even if you know a lot about something, someone else can still see something or make a connection you didn't which can help you out, so I feel like the case is pretty strong for why it makes sense to aid another on knowledge checks. I would fluff it as pointing out observations, talking about similar diseases, and such. Familiar can talk using prestigation to make crude floating sentences which it can do at will.
    Roll for aid another self: (1d20+8)[19]
    Roll for aid another familiar: (1d20)[5]
    Edit: so unless DeTess rules differently you get +2 for Z's aid but the floating letters from the familiar doesn't point out anything you didn't know.
    Last edited by Sønderjye; 2021-01-25 at 08:46 PM.