[Deep in the Woods]

Poor Kestrel. Atreyu's teasing seems to be getting to her a little bit, doesn't it? He pokes his head into a small patch of bushes down by the fire and pulls out a handful of large branches, which he snaps over his knee and carefully adds to the fire to get it going properly. "Hmm, good thing I'm taking you outta here tomorrow. Nearly out. I'd have to restock, otherwise. Reckon we got maybe half an hour of flame here, Missy. Oughta be enough to get the food cooked if you skin 'em right quick. I trust y'got a knife or somethin' fer the task?" He asks, laying the hares out for her.

She did bring a knife, right? Otherwise this might be a bit difficult.

Now with the important survival-y stuff out the way, he can get back to addressing her other comment. "Well now, Kestrel. If the colour in yer cheeks is anythin' to go by, I reckon you were thinking about the biting when y'said that. At least a little." He chuckles, grabbing a couple of thinner branches out of the dwindling pile and setting to work carefully whittling them down with his claws to act as skewers for the hares. "If yer feelin' at all curious, I'm more'n happy to indulge yer curiousity."