Didn't read the whole thread, but I wanted to throw my thoughts out there, specifically regarding how the dual-typing is handled: I don't like it.

I've worked on an undead race/template, including dual-typed humanoid/undead. Cure Wounds (and such) specifically state that it does not work on undead. Because a humanoid/undead is undead, Cure Wounds should not work on them. Basically, they way they're handling it is that all effects have a set of creature types that they effect. Because Cure Wounds affects humanoids, they're saying a humanoid/undead can benefit from Cure Wounds. That's not how I see it. Every ability either (a) only affects specific creature types (e.g. Turn Undead only affecting undead), or (b) affects everyone except certain creature types (e.g. Cure Wounds not affecting undead and constructs). Charm Person is type (a), and thus affects a humanoid/undead because they are a humanoid. Cure Wounds is type (b), and thus does not affect a humanoid/undead, because they have one of the banned creature types.

Also, I made a generic undead template. You can apply it on top of an existing race. By my estimates, it's mostly power neutral: you get some benefits like immunity to poison, darkvision, and not needing to eat or sleep, but being undead just by itself is actually a huge downside. You're susceptible to Turn Undead, Protection from Evil and Good, Detect Evil and Good, smites do more damage to you, and most (but not all) healing and resurrection spells don't work on you. If you want to play an undead without losing out on a race and without becoming stronger than your party members, this is probably the best way to do it.

In my mind, part of the reason to play an undead is to embrace all the challenges that come with it; having to hide your true nature, suffering affects that don't harm the living, and having to work around the lack of healing.