View Single Post

Thread: Legion of Doom IC

1. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: Legion of Doom IC

Caligula appears kneeling on the ground, his limbs shaking unsteadily as he gains his bearings. He slowly rises, the old bones in his body creaking harshly, almost in protest, as he stand straight up, his arms loose by his sides. How many years has it been since his imprisonment in the wretched darkness. How many centuries since he could move his body even an inch. His hands gently glide over his skin, almost seeming to search for the Immovable Spears that once held him in place. His body, despite the hard years, remains immaculate as always, not even showing a hint of injury or decay. The only sign of his great age is the disheveled gray hair that cascades from his scalp and face.

Caligula cracks his neck, readjusting to himself as he casually listens to the bloodcurdling scream behind him, then fully opens his bright blue eyes to focus in on those around him, particularly the disgusting skeletal figure. He prepares to speak, but finds his throat far too dry to accommodate. It has been quite awhile since water has passed through his body, not that he needs it.

“At last…” A voice speaks in Caligula's head, the cold rasp grating his mind. Telepathy? He's heard of the phenomenon but never experienced it himself. ”…The guests of honour. I presume you will all have questions? We have a moment but just be sure to follow my directions and you will find yourselves well accommodated. But to begin, it has been a long time and much has changed”. A pathetic undead? Expecting to be obeyed? Ha! If this was still his reign, he would simply crush its impudent skull. But this isn't his reign, and Caligula has had much time to think on his mistakes. This creature was clearly expecting them, meaning either it or whoever it serves is powerful enough to break him and presumably these other beings out of the darkness. It would be foolish to fight against someone like that in his current state. So he'll play along...... for now.
    Last edited by Armonia13; 2021-01-28 at 06:55 AM.