1. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Ranger Features: Favored Quarry & Favored Terrain

Quote Originally Posted by Segev View Post
    Favored Quarry
    (Level 1 Ranger Optional Feature; Enhances or Replaces Favored Enemy)
    You choose a type of favored quarry (which must match your Favored Enemy choice(s) if you have that feature)

Favored Terrain
    (Level 1 Ranger Optional Feature; Enhances or Replaces Natural Explorer)
    You choose a type of terrain, which must match your terrain chosen for Natural Explorer if you have that feature.
    I would go with 'replace' so things don't get cluttered

Going over the Favored Enemies, there's some good stuff in here. If I may make some suggestions? Apologies if i'm not as verbose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Segev View Post
    • Aberrations: You have advantage on saving throws to end ongoing effects.
    • Beasts: Beasts are never initially hostile to you, and you can add your Charisma bonus to Wisdom (Animal Handling) checks.
    • Celestials: You learn Detect Evil and Good as an extra spell known. You can cast it once without expending a spell slot and without requiring concentration, regaining the ability at the end of a long rest.
    • Constructs: You can attempt Charisma-based skill checks against creatures bound to obey another’s will even if you share no language and would otherwise be unable to understand you.
    • Dragons: You can track creatures that don't leave visible trails (such as flying or swimming creatures) at no penalty,
    • Elementals: You learn Arcane Weapon (Artificer 2019 UA) as an extra spell known. You can cast it once without expending a spell slot, regaining the ability at the end of a long rest.
    • Fey: You can automatically tell when a creature is Charmed or Frightened.
    • Fiends: You learn Protection from Evil and Good as an extra spell known. You can cast it once without expending a spell slot and without requiring concentration, regaining the ability at the end of a long rest.
    • Giants: You can move through other creatures’ spaces freely, without spending extra movement.
    • Humanoids: You learn Detect Thoughts as an extra spell known. You can cast it once without expending a spell slot, regaining the ability at the end of a long rest.
    • Monstrosities: When you cast a spell a Monstrosity type creature counts as a Beast or Humanoid type creature for the target of the spell.
    • Oozes: You gain resistance to Acid damage, and can squeeze through spaces as if you were one size category smaller.
    • Plants: You can notice creatures that are normally indiscinguishable from normal plants or mineral formations and can use the Hide action with a Disguise Kit to assume the appearance of a plant.
    • Undead: Your hit point maximum cannot be reduced and when making Death Saving Throws you die after five failures instead of three.
    Regarding Favored Environment, I can see that most involve a damage resistance. This is cool, but I think each should match the damage type dealt by dragons that usually live in each region and Favored Enemy shouldn't also give you a resistance that could clash. Perhaps something like the following:

Terrain Adaption
    When you finish a long rest you gain resistance to one damage type according to the terrain you finished resting in, which lasts until the end of your next long rest.
    Coast/Aquatic: Thunder or Lightning
    Arctic: Cold or Force
    Desert: Fire or Radiant
    Plains/Forest: Piercing or Poison
    Highland: Fire or Cold
    Swamp: Acid or Poison
    Underground: Necrotic or Bludgeoning
    Urban: Psychic or Slashing
    Last edited by Kane0; 2021-01-28 at 05:23 PM.