1. - Top - End - #7
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Ranger Features: Favored Quarry & Favored Terrain

I came up with an alternative for Elementals:
    Elementals: You learn the spell Absorb Elements, which counts as a Ranger spell for you, but does not count against the number of ranger spells you know. You can cast it without expending a spell slot. You must complete a long rest before you can cast it in this way again.

I am still not sure what to do about oozes, there aren't that many of them and they don't have many thematic elements that you could build an ability around that could be useful for monsters other than a few specific oozes. I am getting down to 2 choices. The first is a bit complicated and feels situational, I am not sure anyone would pick this given the other options:
    Oozes: Your long experience with amorphous foes has left you with an almost paranoid perception: you never miss places where amorphous creatures could squeeze through any barrier or container. This can come in handy for sealing places against such creatures, creating prisons for them, or spotting likely trails they may have taken or warning signs of their presence. This also means you automatically detect the places where traps that dispense liquids or gasses dispense them from, though you cannot necessarily tell whether it’s a trap or a place for oozes to squeeze through (or both).

The second is the acid resistance, which I would rather avoid since you can already get resistance to cold and fire from the Favored Terrain feature.

I would probably go with the first option but let my players know I would consider alternatives for the Ooze if they had any ideas.
    Last edited by kosh49; 2021-01-30 at 10:00 AM.