"Syrneth artifacts. That might actually explain a few things."
If Torela was after some Syrne artifact that her sire didn't want her to get that might explain why we she was sent to kill her. But why would a vampire in the astral sea care about that? As far as she knew, Torela, the Syrne have no real connection to her sire. She didn't get any instruction about taking any, just killing a scholar. Why not instruct her to take whatever Syrneth artifact back to her? It made no sense. Syrneth artifacts are valuable, so if Torela was studying one worth killing over, she was studying one worth taking. But if her sire didn't want to take it, why kill Torela? Could it be a Syrneth artifact that is detrimental, perhaps even harmful to vampires? But then why not let her know about the danger? No wait, Vampires came into existence long after the Syrneth died, that made no sense. So what was her sire after by making her kill Torela?

She gets up and says
"By the way I haven't introduced myself, I am Zakira of Chaos Undivided. You are Anemone, yes? and who are...you? Both Atlanteans? Museum might be a good place to look regardless. Though the library might also be a good place to check if any Acerath worshippers came through, they tend to like their books, particularly scholars."