As the thug surrenders, dropping to the ground cradling his wound (probably close enough to "on your knees") Winifred and Andrei look around but apart from more terrified children that cling to them with piteous expression of hope that their ordeal might be over they find little. Under the cat walk ae a few hammocks and piles of rags, evidently where the children sleep and there is a door leading to the loading dock but little else.

To thug, Bogrin, looks at the dwarf, the warrior and the hellknight aspirant all staring down at him and pales. "Look,I only work here, I git my lady and three nippers to take care of. Don't kill me." He nods down to the floor below, "Lamn got his rooms on the next floor down, unless you fancy swimming you got to go through the old Kraken's Folly." He nods to the grime covered window and you can see behind the fishery the decrepit looking boat lurching drunkenly in the water.

"Go down through boat and there's a catwalk under this level, he's under there like a spider in 'is web. All the gold and loot these little blighters collect he keeps fer himself." You all remember the catwalk you had seen running around the outside of the building on the western wall and now if you squat by the hole in the floor you can make out another set of mouldering catwalks on the level below some scant few inches above the river water. As he speaks both Cassian and Evelina hear the play on the "spider" and "kraken's folly" and realise that even broken the man is being deceptive about something...