'Hurry up and wait' is a common phrase among soldiers, and it seems that extends to bandit camps as well. You're left to mull over nothing at all for hours with seemingly no direction or instruction, being left to your own devices. Vala, for her part, spends the time jotting down in a small notebook - lyrics for songs, recipe ideas, idle thoughts, for the most part, nothing heavy or any sort of significant journalling. It's getting towards sunset by the time you finally see Loog again. He comes to you, rather than requiring you to move, gesturing for you all to come together. He opens with a long sigh. "Considerin' how little I 'ad to say they kept me there a while. Wanted to know everythin' that 'appened while I was gone, but don't worry, I kept it quiet. Now that they've finished their questionin' they can give you a job." The bandit coughs as he tugs a piece of paper from his belt and hands it over. Unfurling it shows it to be a poorly drawn, not terribly instructive or useful, map, with a line drawn from 'Camp' to 'Ruins', that are emphasised with a big 'X'.

"Uh, so basically some of 'em found some ruins a day or two northeast of here. Didn't ge' close but seemed to be occupied, they heard screamin' and chantin' and all sorts, so they hightailed it. Tenhammer wants you to clear 'em out and report back in the next 5 days, in time for Tazok to come back and check in on us. Sounds like they wanna use the ruins as a new base camp for when they move next. The path on the map should take ya around a clutch of flyers and skirt the boar territory, give you a cave to set up in overnight. Anythin' you find in the ruins is yours, and boss said they'd give you a bonus if you're back in 3 days instead of 5. Make's 'em look good in front of their bossman."

Spoiler: Map
Show