Society Campus Metalworking Workshop

Well. This was not what Shandara expected. She thought maybe she would just be able to pick out the perfect tool and effortlessly pound in the inscriptions she needed to. Instead, this must have felt like the hardest puzzle of her life. A significant reason for this was likely the intense physical elements involved with it.

She thought she finally had something figured out, with two sets of vice grips stretched out to their maximum capacity and barely holding the pipe to a table. Wielding a straight pick tool and a rubber mallet that still seemed too large for her small hands and frame, she came down on the butt end of the straight pick, but it refused to stay straight and instead veered off, making a nasty scratch in the finish of the copper pipe instead. The blasted pipe had also come loose. Again. Shandara sighed and tried to wrestle the damn thing back into place when a familiar voice caught her attention.

She turned to see Bolten Cogturner. Huh, she had never even noticed he came in. What was he doing here anyway? Oh, right.. the drill? His question struck a chord with Chandara, though. She actually did feel pretty embarrassed; any other drow would either not be caught dead struggling with manual labor like this, or they would actually know what the hell they were doing.

"Oh. Bolten. I, uhm.. no, I..."

The vice grip behind her fell completely off the table with a loud KRAANGKLE, which caused her to jump.

After sheepishly looking behind herself for a moment she turns back to Bolten with a defeated sigh and finishes, "I.. don't even know if I'm in the right place..."