Quote Originally Posted by TeChameleon View Post
Can anyone parse the motion lines in the 'Ghost spit?' panel? Hench Wench is pretty obviously throwing a right hook, and Concretia's head is knocked that direction, but the motion lines are... I don't even know. They trace a line of motion that would mean she brought her right fist from up high into a weird abortive backhand-turned-into-a-punch? Dave is usually pretty good with the motion lines, but every once in a while he throws in some that make no sense to me.

EDIT: And the 'Max's Sonic Boom' thing was addressed in the comic/author's notes here.
Its Hench Wench doing a full body pivot. She elbowed concretia from behind her, then did a full body roundhouse swing or a hook that she performed by swinging herself around to build up extra force. She turned away from the camera to make that punch i think, thus the lines are actually moving AWAY from concretia, not towards her. And yeah, im agreeing with maxima being too small to make a really bad sonic boom unless she is flying at eye level. Guns are loud but the volume drops fairly quickly with distance. I imagine being above the tree line would be enough to not hurt anyone, being about skyscraper high would make her quiet enough to not be a public nuisance. And the fact that she is a government official on an emergency call means she gets all sorts of freedom to do stuff like be loud if needed to save lives. Like fire trucks and ambulances. They are loud and you get out of their way, and nobody really seriously complains about that because they are saving lives when doing that.