Quote Originally Posted by P. G. Macer View Post
Regarding the ”Is Human Fighter really the most common race-class combo in 5e?” debate, I’m leaning more towards Telok’s view of things. The most common source for the statistic in 5e is D&D Beyond data. However, I have yet to see evidence that the D&D Beyond userbase is statistically similar to the general D&D playerbase, so it could potentially be a non-indicative sample. Furthermore, not every PC built in DDB is played, so we have to take into account which characters actually receive playtime;I have no idea how one would accomplish that.

As for WotC’s own data, while I trust that more than D&D Beyond, Telok again raises some decent points as to the quality of WotC’s data collection, which I am treating as more of a wild card than an outright negative.

It’s almost 3am where I am; I may come back too this post when I can think more coherently.
The most common fantasy protagonist is a human, by something like a 100 to 1 margin. Warrior is also the most common character concept for said protagonist. That human and fighter would be the most common combination is logical.

If anything the trend in modern fantasy is against offering non-human options at all.