Winifred throws open the door revealing the room beyond (one in which Andrei's magical sense detected no significant swirls in the ether). The room behind is a junkyard. The air in the large room is chilly and stinks of the river thanks to huge opening in the floor that drops away to the river shore three feet below. Several pilings emerge from the waters to support the roof 8ft above the floor with mossy ropes slung between them. In two places rusty and stained manacles hang from the ropes above the water - obviously used for a grim and unwholesome purpose. Two five foot wide walkways cross the room around the yawning hole where a collection of old cabinets, lock boxes, and piles of clutter are strewn about. Chipped porcelain plates, a cracked goblet, badly rusted silverware, an old wooden shield with an arrow in it and other treasures litter the floor. Three tables heaped high with assorted junk stand amidst this mess and nearby a door leads into another section.
Entering you all see Lamn on the far side of the pool surrounded by the junk, hunched by the water feeding what looks like a child's arm to a massive 12ft long gator that is perched half out of the water, an old beast with thick scales and many scars.

As you burst in the old man's cruel face turns to one of rage, "You lot, how the hell you find me, who sent you? I'll gut ye I will, best leave now before I slash you good and feed you to gobbleguts 'ere" he shouts at Cassian, Bardin and Evelina as they barrel through the door to the narrow walkway.