View Single Post

Thread: OOTS #1225 - The Discussion Thread

1. - Top - End - #299
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: OOTS #1225 - The Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewingz View Post
    A recent acquaintance told me I seemed to be 25. Being closer to 60 than I like to admit I took that as quite a compliment. Then it occurred to me maybe she meant mentally. But you know what? I'll take it.
    Cackled, I did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shining Wrath View Post
    Erma Bombeck wrote a piece about this once - about asking her mom when it gets easier, and eventually realizing (without being told directly) that it never does.
    Oh, man, there's a blast from the past. Erma's columns. Haven't seen one in years. (We stopped newspaper delivery a while back when the delivery system frequently ... didn't deliver with great frequency).
    It never gets easier: yep. One of mine's 28 and one is 31 with a child. They've flown the nest and are out there doing their thing in the world. But we stay in touch and I am occasionally asked for advice. (that's nice). I stopped offering advice, except on request, at about the time each finished college.

"You know how to reach me if you'd like another viewpoint/opinion" That has worked out reasonably well.

My wife prefers to keep offering advice for free and unasked for. That's her groove. Sometimes well received, sometimes not. Parents are not required to be perfect, but I think it is required to keep working at it ... even at this time ...

Which brings us back to Eugene: And Sidgi. And Ian.
    Different approaches.
    Quote Originally Posted by bunsen_h View Post
    Yes. It's not that the handles are low, but that the cabinet-looking things are very tall.
    Reminds me of the time I met Ralph Sampson in person. Korvin, it's not that you are so short, it's that Ralph is in fact 7' 2" tall.
    Last edited by KorvinStarmast; 2021-02-13 at 01:07 PM.
    Avatar by linklele. How Teleport Works
    a. Malifice (paraphrased):
    Rulings are not 'House Rules.' Rulings are a DM doing what DMs are supposed to do.
    b. greenstone (paraphrased):
    Agency means that they {players} control their character's actions; you control the world's reactions to the character's actions.
    Gosh, 2D8HP, you are so very correct!
    Second known member of the Greyview Appreciation Society