1. - Top - End - #400
    Firbolg in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: Grrl Power VI: Stripping The Hero Doesnt Work

Along the lines of blabbermouths, we have the decades old super-villain tradition of the Expository Rant, where they tell the subdued and about-to-die-horribly superhero all about their evil plans. Which the super hero proceeds to foil, first by not dying horribly and then proceeding from there. Hench Wench made the mistake of ranting to a not-subdued audience. Amateurish, but she'll learn.

I know we aren't supposed to discuss real-world politics, but I think we can discuss real-world law when it comes up - and Arianna's ability to suspend a contract raises all sorts of dual sovereignty questions. I don't think things would work that way. I'm also pretty sure that stamping "Suspended" on a paper copy of a contract is not all that would be required. But ... artistic license.

Allowing for the humorous ending to a somewhat silly character arc - she's got some courage. If Concretia was glaring at me I'd be rather nervous. If Maxima was glaring at me I'd probably pass out.

And yes, I think lawyers probably do really enjoy putting uppity paralegals in their place. One of the perks of the profession.

EDIT:

Had Concretia done the ka-golem bit while being choked, I think it would have nullified astral Hench Wench's ability to choke her - try choking a statue sometime, see how that works for you. Go golem, step out of the chokehold, separate from golem, resume fighting.
    Last edited by Shining Wrath; 2021-02-15 at 09:02 AM.
    This ... is my signature finishing move!

"It's never good when you make a fiend cringe" - MadGrady

According to some online quiz, I'm a 6th level TN Wizard. They didn't give me full XP for all the monsters I've defeated while daydreaming.
    http://easydamus.com/character.html

I am a Ranger Archetype: Gleaming Warden (thx to Ninja Prawn)