Quote Originally Posted by Shining Wrath View Post
Along the lines of blabbermouths, we have the decades old super-villain tradition of the Expository Rant, where they tell the subdued and about-to-die-horribly superhero all about their evil plans. Which the super hero proceeds to foil, first by not dying horribly and then proceeding from there. Hench Wench made the mistake of ranting to a not-subdued audience. Amateurish, but she'll learn.

I know we aren't supposed to discuss real-world politics, but I think we can discuss real-world law when it comes up - and Arianna's ability to suspend a contract raises all sorts of dual sovereignty questions. I don't think things would work that way. I'm also pretty sure that stamping "Suspended" on a paper copy of a contract is not all that would be required. But ... artistic license.

Allowing for the humorous ending to a somewhat silly character arc - she's got some courage. If Concretia was glaring at me I'd be rather nervous. If Maxima was glaring at me I'd probably pass out.

And yes, I think lawyers probably do really enjoy putting uppity paralegals in their place. One of the perks of the profession.

EDIT:

Had Concretia done the ka-golem bit while being choked, I think it would have nullified astral Hench Wench's ability to choke her - try choking a statue sometime, see how that works for you. Go golem, step out of the chokehold, separate from golem, resume fighting.
This wasnt the expository rant of the supervillain though, this was the power mad bragging as they celebrate the brilliance of their scheme. Like when skeletor in the master of the universe movie turned golden. Dude was on a massive power high more than on a "Now that I have you trapped, let me tell you the details of my plan" Or if you prefer a less niche movie, jafar when aladdin tricked him into becoming a genie. And ends much the same way. LOOPHOLE!!!!!!