Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
Demons and Devils being that distinct is mostly a D&D affectation, i believe. So while it might not be a stretch for these forums for obvious reasons, for a general audience i dont know that they would make that assumption.
Maybe, but then we meet the twilight council and it seems fairly clear that just about EVERYTHING exists on the supernatural side so even if devils arent specifically named you shouldnt be surprised that they do. I mean, would you consider it to not be foreshadowed if we found a chupacabra in the next arc? Yeah they never got specifically named, but with so many other mythical beings being displayed as real, and nothing saying that one doesnt, best to just assume they all do unless otherwise stated. And devils and demons being distinct groups may be a D&D thing, but in that case, wouldnt this being a D&D forum have made it LESS likely to assume devils were real just because demons are? We "know" they are different, but someone with no knowledge of D&D might just lump them all together, if they even bother considering the question in the first place, and would likely shrug if a devil turned up because with dabbler they know these infernal creatures are real.

Ugh, now im getting confused. As my personal outlook, ever since we first learned dabbler was at least part succubus, that told me the supernatural was real. So I was already primed to accept anything supernatural and the twilight council wasnt a big shock to me. Then when she explicitly confirmed the existence of devils as something other than demons, well, there you go, having a part devil villain isnt a violation of established world building.