1. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Useful Morality Subsystems (Alignment Replacements)

Quote Originally Posted by OldTrees1 View Post
    I believe Segev's use of the phrase "evil philosophies" contains examples you are excluding but otherwise found reasonable. I think the following list is relatively safe but I do have to lead with the complicated amoral one.
    I wouldn't call simple rationalisations philosophies. That aside, how does that make evil people prone to working with each other ? Or alignment useful as a tool ?
    Why use faction rules when you have factions in the game? I never understood the point of faction/allegiance rules.
    They can be nice if you either have a proper social rulesystem that uses them or a rulesystem for careers in organisations. Otherwise you don't really need them, but superflous is still better than actually detrimental as alignment rules
    I would amend your observation to pretty much every evil person would prefer allies they see as good (which might be more evil people) over people they see as evil (which might be good people) provided those allies don't get in the way of the evil person doing what they mistakenly think is right.
    That might be true as well, but I meant it the way I said. The general evil person probably is evil in one specific way and finds all other ways to be evil as abhorrent as everyone else and just would greatly prefer someone good to someone evil as ally. The only exception would be if the other evil person has the exactly same thing going, but that is usually not the case.

Evil team ups is something for comic-books.
    Last edited by Satinavian; 2021-02-16 at 12:58 PM.