Quote Originally Posted by Prehysterical View Post
Oh... That also means we don't gain a hit die or any BAB, right?
Yeah, as Sonderjye said, you don't . The Gestalt level is basically an upgrade to an exisiting level. You get extra class features, and if you gestalt side has more skills, a bigger HD or more BaB that will improve as well(with the new value replacing the old value), but with wizard added to expert you wouldn't see much of an improvement there.

Quote Originally Posted by Prehysterical View Post
Edit: Speaking of the captain's comment, what is the Empire's relationship with metallic dragons? I have an idea in mind for how Bolten overcomes the spell level limitations of making clockwork constructs, sooooooo... no ulterior motives at all he lied.
Dragons as a whole are quite rare. The empire isn't exactly on bad standing with the metallic dragons as a whole, though there are individuals, especially those leaning more towards the chaotic side of the alignment axis that have grudges regarding the empire conquering a pretty big piece of land. There are a couple of places where metallic dragons are known to live. These are often the leader of some kind of monastic order or similar group of people that seek to retreat from the world and pursue perfection in one way or another. These dragons are sometimes sought out for counsel, but they're fairly picky on who they actually wish to see.

@Sonderjye, looks like your design is already coming together. Your assumptions look solid, and the bit about replaying it in real time is most likely the safest way to inject it. It wouldn't necessarily eb impossible to create harry potter style 'liquid' memories, but you'd need to device some sort of capture medium for that, as memories in their natural state are a complex web of impressions and experiences, which psionic crystals are generally best suited to capture and store.

Could you roll me a spellcraft to see how well your execution on this first iteration is, as well as a will save, just in case? I'll answer your questions afterwards.