Quote Originally Posted by WindStruck View Post
I'm a bit confused because I asked, "With this new gestalt level, we get more skill points? But the max rank we can have is still 6 right?"

And you said, "Yes, that is correct."

You hadn't mentioned upgrades before, but it actually sounds like we don't get a whole level's worth of skill points but only upgrade the amount of skill points we get if the gestalt class has more.
Sorry that was me misinterpretting your question. So just for the record, you get the following from the gestalt level:
  • All class features of your new class at that level.
  • If your new class has more skillpoints than the other one, you get skillpoints to make up the difference. So for example, if you got 4+int skillpoints from your NPC class, and now got 6+int from your gestalt class, you'll gain an additional 2 skillpoints.
  • If your new class has a higher BaB, you get that classes BaB instead of that of the NPC class on your track
  • If your new class has a higher hit-die, you gain hp to make up the difference.
  • For each save, you get the higher base save bonus provided by the two classes.

Quote Originally Posted by WindStruck View Post
Oh, also! I think I'll be getting a familiar. I kind of like the Thrush one. How would we go about that? Anything to RP with that?
You could definitely find these birds living in the city. I'll leave it up to you how you go about it. Maybe you find a wounded one that you nurse back to health, or just befriend one that allways sings in front of your window, or maybe something else like that.