Quote Originally Posted by Talakeal View Post
It doesn't.

But the idea that the DM is required to allow the PCs an unrealistically easy victory is what I am objecting to.

Also, trying to avoid RL politics, but the fantasy that you live in a world where problems can easily be solved with violence does have some unfortunate implications in the real world; sort of like when someone at Bioware decided that homosexuals didn't exist in Star Wars; it is a fantasy world, but ignoring realism to serve a certain sort of politically charged fantasy can easily be harmful and / or offensive.
Look if you want it more detailed, all your going to make shift into is teaching trickster mode where I destroy the society by being a trickster-teacher who destroys their assumptions until they start being good by people by themselves while killing anyone who won't listen otherwise, so I can then humiliate AND kill anyone who stands in my way. possibly having someone I trust make any laws needed for justice to get done. I'll do whatever tiresome hoops needed to jump through.

my main point is if you make things against player values some of them are going to destroy whatever unfairness they want, no matter much you claim its unbreakable or how much you want to drag it out. there is no "just apart of the setting, can't be changed". all your point is "but look at all these hoops I want you to jump through!"