1. - Top - End - #58
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Gender and sexuality diversity in RPG settings

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Look if you want it more detailed, all your going to make shift into is teaching trickster mode where I destroy the society by being a trickster-teacher who destroys their assumptions until they start being good by people by themselves while killing anyone who won't listen otherwise, so I can then humiliate AND kill anyone who stands in my way. possibly having someone I trust make any laws needed for justice to get done. I'll do whatever tiresome hoops needed to jump through.

My main point is if you make things against player values some of them are going to destroy whatever unfairness they want, no matter much you claim its unbreakable or how much you want to drag it out. there is no "just apart of the setting, can't be changed". all your point is "but look at all these hoops I want you to jump through!"
    No, you can't. Trying to get into a **** measuring contest with the GM will never work out. The *only* thing a player can do without GM buy in is leave the game in a huff.

To use one of my old gaming horror stories, I once had a PC going on about how he could beat any NPC in the setting and literally getting up at the table and singing "Anything you can do I can do better," one session. A few weeks later, he picked a fight with an NPC who was much stronger than him, who literally laughed off his attacks and retaliated. Then the player spent the next few hours pouting and telling me that I had no right to "mock him and kill his character because he doesn't care about the lore of my stupid world."

But yeah, my compulsive need to respond to everything is really starting to derail the thread. At this point this line of discussion is boiling down to "No uh, you are!"
    Last edited by Talakeal; 2021-02-20 at 05:34 PM.
    Looking for feedback on Heart of Darkness, a character driven RPG of Gothic fantasy.