Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
[Mountain Trip]

"I suppose I have been cryptic for long enough," Calm Reed admits. "We are here to connect to Earth essence. My sifu took me on such a journey when I studied with him. To truly understand Earth Dragon style, you need to connect to earth. Which is difficult to do on a floating island. I have some exercises that we will perform once we get higher up the mountain."
Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
Mountain Trip

"What- what is it about the tip of a mountain that makes it better than a floating island?" Fidelia asks timidly, stepping over a devious length of root that pokes out from the dirt. "I mean, uh, I guess VIGIL doesn't have any connection to the actual ground, but isn't the top of a mountain closer to the sky?"

Not that she's really complaining or hoping for a change, frankly. Fi's not really notably claustrophobic or anything, but she's much happier scaling a mountain than delving into a mineshaft or wandering a cave. That's how you end up giving up your best friend to a terrifying shadow monster.
"Maybe it doesn't count because the island is man-made? Or it's connected to the sky instead?" Jen guesses, shrugging since she has absolutely no idea herself. "Actually, is VIGIL's island man-made? I forget," she remarks, cursing herself for not spending more time studying the history behind an organization she never expected to join in her entire NPC lifetime.