View Single Post

Thread: The Royal Artificery Society - OOC

1. - Top - End - #290
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: The Royal Artificery Society - OOC

Here's a few design ideas

Spoiler: Designs
    Show
    Design 1a: A big blue crystal that are able to copy memories from other crystals into it for storage, able to copy memories stored in it into other memory crystals(henceforth refered to as mnemonic crystals), and able to delete some memories stored in it to get more space. It can copy a memory, either from a crystal into storage or from storage into the crystal, once every 5 minutes. It is also capable of overwriting memories in existing memory crystal
    Design 1b: As above but instead of one big crystal it's multiple interconnected crystals.

Design 2a: A magical lense that allow a user that currently is experiencing a memory from a memory crystal to change the process of that experience. They can speed up, slow down, pause, skip, decrease and increase the detail(i.e. to reduce sensory stress) both of the overall experience and of specific parts.
    Design 2b: As 2a except it allows the editing of a memory that is currently stored in a memory crystal.

Design 3a: A device that is attuned to a specific skill upon creation. It is able to scan memories stored in mnemonic crystals and uses clairsentience to identify which part of the memory that are relevant to the attuned skill. Can be used along with 2b to edit a memory down to a memory that only contains important knowledge about some skill.
    Design 3b: As 3a however instead of searching a memory in a memory crystal it searches for important memories in the mindscape of a person.

Design 4: A fuzzy, somewhat sugary drink that have been infused with (cheap?) crystal as part of the brewing process. It is safe to drink, fairly bland in taste, can store memories as if it was a memory crystal(though it doesn't contain any memories upon creation and have to have memories put into it such as by design 1), and the consumption of it allows one to experience the memory stored in it through.

I am using mnemomancy, derived from mnēmonikos - the greek word for memory - same origin as mnemonics if you're familiar with that, to describe memory magic. I think I'll try to use similar terminology later for inventions because I think it sounds more fancy.

WindStruck, if design 4 works and I can infuse memories into fuzzy drinks, would you be more exciting about collaborating on a drink or competing against each other in the drink contest? Z is pretty object oriented and knows virtually nothing about how to get something to taste good.
    Last edited by Sønderjye; 2021-02-21 at 08:57 AM.