Quote Originally Posted by Talakeal View Post
Ok, that kind of goes back to my point. So you have made that decision and your group of PCs militarize the world. Now, another group of solar Exalted have decided that it is their duty to liberate and enlighten repressive militant societies, so they come in to destroy your society. At that point, which side is the good guys? How does this play out that makes the world a better place?
No, I have not "made a decision". I have analyzed the circumstances and have determined that such a thing is the only decision that is sane. But not in the situation you have detailed. You have instead have detailed a different situation with your example assuming that I have just decided to militarize societies without any outside threat involved, which is a different case altogether, because I wouldn't do that.

To clarify, it seems like you are saying that the campaign world can only include darker elements that were put there specifically for the PCs to solve? Is that correct?

So like, if I am running a game about boxers in the real world, are you saying that it would be unfair to mention that one of their fellow boxers got cancer and retired because you can't simply punch out cancer, and therefore cancer is only appropriate in a hospital drama game where someone is playing an oncologist?
I don't get what it, are you saying that a boxer should somehow be expected to solve cancer?