Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
No, I have not "made a decision". I have analyzed the circumstances and have determined that such a thing is the only decision that is sane. But not in the situation you have detailed. You have instead have detailed a different situation with your example assuming that I have just decided to militarize societies without any outside threat involved, which is a different case altogether, because I wouldn't do that.
I am saying, what if the PC's circle comes to that decision, and decides to militarize society to save it from outside forces. Then, a different circle of celestial exalted comes to a different decision, and decides to destroy your militarized society for the sake of freeing the people whom they see as victims of an oppressive militaristic society.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
I don't get what it, are you saying that a boxer should somehow be expected to solve cancer?
Absolutely not.

I am saying that a boxer shouldn't be expected to solve cancer, just like a random gang or murder hobos shouldn't be expected to solve societal ills.

And I am saying that including "darker" aspects of the campaign should not be forbidden just because the PCs aren't tailor made to solve them.