Quote Originally Posted by Talakeal View Post
I am saying, what if the PC's circle comes to that decision, and decides to militarize society to save it from outside forces. Then, a different circle of celestial exalted comes to a different decision, and decides to destroy your militarized society for the sake of freeing the people whom they see as victims of an oppressive militaristic society.
Okay so I immediately get punished taking the actions to save that society from repeated supernatural threats of Exalted 2e of the Thousand Dooms which everyone who knows enough about Exalted 2e can attest to. Thus the only sane option is to abandon ruling altogether, let the that other circle free them however they want and become a wandering knight-errant saving only small towns in my lack of agency while letting other places be oppressed. great to know.

Absolutely not.

I am saying that a boxer shouldn't be expected to solve cancer, just like a random gang or murder hobos shouldn't be expected to solve societal ills.

And I am saying that including "darker" aspects of the campaign should not be forbidden just because the PCs aren't tailor made to solve them.
Okay, who said I wanted to play your "just another person" game? I want to play a hero, not replicate my own meaningless in my fantasies.