Quote Originally Posted by Talakeal View Post
You don't see any middle ground between "meaningless / just another person" and "capable of solving all the world's problems, even if they are outside of my wheelhouse"?

And again, you might like to play omnicompetent characters in black and white worlds, and that is absolutely fine. But the language you have been using seems to imply that the majority of players feel the same way.
Making a lot of assumptions there.

Look.

If I see something I don't like, I'm going to do something about it. if I'm resorting to violence I'm probably some Dawn Caste wielding some ridiculous sword with nothing but a bunch of cool fighting skills to her name. what do you want from me?

You punish me for doing something about it, and you punish me for not doing anything about it.....why should I care?

I don't care about these points you raised its not a question of style, my original point stands: players, if they find something they don't like will try to get rid of it, and some players will be real stubborn and adamant about not tolerating injustice. Not everyone can sit by and just let such things happen.