1. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGirl

Default Re: Gender and sexuality diversity in RPG settings

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Yet I still find it a better reason than what most murderhobo PC's attack people for: gold or exp.
    Sure, if you want your character to be compared to a murderhobo who kills for wealth, then you are right. The comparison is apt, and maybe your character comes out just ahead.

Whether its ironic or not has no bearing on anything. Imminent disasters require action. If there is no other way to get rid of the problem- which in a fantasy setting with nobility will be the ONLY way given the lack of social mobility- that is the only path forward if they refuse to be persuaded.
    I'll explain.

Your character will kill everything he sees as a problem. He sees abuse of power and warfare as problems. But your solution is to effectively declare war on the nobility, which is of course a misuse of your character's power. Therefore another character, who has shares your own character's perspective of killing everything they see as a problem, would be justified in killing your character to punish your character's misuse of power and class warfare.

Do you comment on the irony of killing bandits trying to kill you as well?
    No, because that is not ironic. It might be ironic if I were to be so incensed by the bandit's thievery that I stole from them to punish them for it though. The irony is that you are what you are trying to punish. So it was with your character who will go to war with the nobility to punish them for war or who will use their power to kill people who abuse their power
    Last edited by Liquor Box; 2021-02-21 at 07:24 PM.