1. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGirl

Default Re: Gender and sexuality diversity in RPG settings

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    So your saying is that a corrupt jerk who already kills anyone in his way, having ruling without anyone opposing them has finally met someone able to stop him because they are sane enough to defend themselves in kind to his attempts to kill people?
    I don't quite understand this sentence. Did you miss a word in there somewhere?

Edit: I know you missed the word "what" as your second word, but it seems this sentence was still intended to mean something else.

You have already justified killing the entirety of the nobility for me, if none of them took any action to effectively oppose them in their incompetence.
    Well, I haven't justified anything, because I have only pointed out how the code you put forward would also turn back on you. If you think it's ok to kill anyone you see as a problem, then surely its ok for anyone who sees you as a problem to kill you (and lots of people would see you as a problem because you're going around killing everyone).

You've now extended it to not only killing people who are themselves the problem, but also killing those who you see an incompetent. I think you are back to being evens with the murderhobo now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    You seem to be both exaggerating Raz's claims into one's more simplified than the point I think she's trying to come across with, and coming up with situations that make it more complicated than it needs to be.
    I think Raziere exagerated their own claims.

Raz may have started off by saying she prefers a game where she is able to take steps to cure what she sees as social problems within the setting, and that she think a DM making that impossible would make the game less enjoyable. Not an unreasonable proposition. Although, also not reasonable to have some stuff baked into a setting, or making effecting social change a huge challenge (both of which are probably more realistic). Probably warrants some pre-game discussion between the group.

But Raz has herself gone on to make more outlandish claims since. She has, it seems to me, created her own strawman. And of course it is human nature to focus on the more outlandish claims rather than the more reasonable ones.
    Last edited by Liquor Box; 2021-02-21 at 07:46 PM.