Smuggling Route Dropoff

"I'm not sure that'll be needed. Where I'm from, the only people are humans, and I guess the armoured bears. They don't have daemons. First person I met here was an elf, and she didn't have a daemon. So... I thought non-humans didn't, here, and the people who looked human without a daemon had nonhuman blood. Since you're human, and don't have a daemon, it might just be me who has one." It's... sort-of not, but I'm the only person who really gives daemons to their NPCs and lesser characters. "There's not going to be a census here, it's really not the kind of place anyone cares about that kinda thing. Nobody's asked about Svipul, so I doubt anyone will notice you don't have one. Or that I do, I guess." Particularly helped by Svipul tending to stay in the pouch or hood of his hoody, and not saying anything where most people can hear her.

Ziyad is slowing down now, and bringing the truck to a stop. "I was told to wait here for the gangsters. Do you want to hang out here, or leave now? It might get dangerous."