Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
Coralia's sister probably would have felt awful if that had happened.

The paladin says, "Well, good job regardless, even if it wasn't too diificult." Even easy-to-beat powerful things still need a lot of caution in case they find an advantage or a lucky chance.

The paladin rolls his shoulders back and, as Anchor and the mermaid speak to each other, he takes advantage of this free time to ensure everything's going well with the ritual. They aren't at a particularly hard part, but it is really crucial.

That mermaid still seems a little apologetic. "Well, still...I should have done more. I'm glad that I was able to help some, then, but...I:m sorry. I was just too scared to follow you."
Would've been hard to follow at first, when the water was only ankle-high. Which is why she adds, "Even after it looked like I could swim in, I just..."
She cuts her sentence short, unsure how to end it.
"Glad you didn't need me in there, in the end." If Anchor had been hurt or killed because the mermaid was too scared of entering, that would have almost been as bad as her sister needing to sacrifice herself.
Both the mermaids and the obsidian sword contributed to it being a lot safer.
Having to move on her own underwater while holding her breath...that would have been quite a tall order!

Anchor gives the swords to her shadow and tries to seem understanding of the mermaid.
"Well, you did help, and it all worked out. I mean, next time you'll be braver, right?"
She reaches into her pocket and gets out a little metal token in the shape of an apple, which she offers to the mermaid.
"In fact, have this, as a lucky charm to remind you not to be afraid."
If the mermaid takes it, it'll seem to prick her finger despite having no sharp edges, and from then on she'll be up to twice as brave!