Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
Spoiler: Episode 8
Show

So... I'm not sure how i feel about the show going all "Sabrina the teenage witch" on us with 1700's era real-magic witches with spells and hexes and the like. I mean i suppose old superhumans could exist, but a whole bunch of em with all the same power? Ehh... Less invested in that to be honest. Think i would have preferred if Agatha was alone in her witchy ways and kind of invented the whole thing herself, maybe it was an early branch-off of Dr. Strange's magic (Which seems more based on math and science) or something. Having witches and covens and hexes and charms just feels really "High fantasy" to me, while up until this point the MCU has been pretty reliably "Low fantasy", with any magic being either a subset of science, ancient big-bang power, or significantly advanced technology.

nooot sure I'm a fan of Wanda being a Witch either, like i know her hero name is "Scarlet witch" an all but you know what i mean, real magic-magic that she was apparently born with. I preferred her powers being more psychic then magical, as they were granted from the MIND stone, thus giving her MIND related powers, with no related abilities prior.

Kind of feel like Wanda not stealing Vision's body kind of diminishes the story a bit too? Like I'm glad she's confirmed the one behind the hex and all, but having her not take the body kind of invalidates a lot of what's going on. Though i am interested in seeing what Zombie-vision from the post-credits scene can do, and whether or not he will be sapient or anything like the original vision at all. Perhaps he's a mindless "zombie" and will merge with Wanda's incarnation of vision to make a hybrid that's more like the original?

i will say this. I hope they never explain where Agatha's coven's powers come from. sometimes you don't need explanations for stuff like that. Maybe explain Agatha's specific branch of powers (Please no Mephisto *Crosses fingers*) as she does seem to be an oddity even among them, but i feel like trying to explain the coven's powers will kind of ruin the "Magic" so to say.
Spoiler
Show
Meanwhile I’m over here ecstatic as hell and trying hard not to do my happy dance that some actual, real, no BS, no wiggle room, MAGIC! Thank god they made Wanda a witch. Marvel has killed off the metaphorical wizard way to often in the MCU as it is.