@Peelee: duly noted

Quote Originally Posted by Dire_Flumph View Post
The Reed Richards is Useless trope is more about how the world remains the same around super-inventors that use one-off inventions to stop a bad guy that could revolutionize the medical, manufacturing, or food production industries. Less about Reed personally saving the world as passing blueprints to assistants to see if the matter re-arranger could maybe feed the 3rd world. The Villainous side is Cut Lex Luthor a Check, where a villain could build a freeze gun that rewrites the laws of thermodynamics and instead of heading to the patent office they rob a bank with it. Thought experiments to mull over how superheroes could change the world in other ways.
Oh I totally agree with the Reed Richards is Useless trope. My point was more aimed at the question "why aren't Reed or Tony being judged for not having solved crime in New York with their riches and smarts, while Batman is?" But to me that's the wrong question - I'm not judging any of them for not having solved crime. Rather, I'm judging Batman for the specific methods he DOES use to try and address it. With Reed and Tony, you have at least the excuse that New York street crime and mobster crime are problems that are well below their attention, better left to heroes like Daredevil and Spiderman - but the same can't be said of Batman, who has made tackling municipal crime his stated mission. With him, the gap between his methods and the effectiveness of his results is thrown into much starker relief.

Peter certainly knew it was there by Endgame, he activated it rather than the suit doing it on its own. And given the situation, I won't argue it wasn't appropriate force, and I can see Tony putting it in the suit, these guys weren't robbing a convenience store, they had previously wiped out half the universe.

It just bugs me. It's like....seeing the Zack Snyder take on Super-Grover for lack of a better way to phrase it.
I saw it more as one-off gag in HC that became a brick joke/callback in EG. Besides, I can forgive Peter for being a little out of character in one climactic battle given that Thanos already killed him once.

And Amen to that. It gets tough to re-watch the first Toby Maguire Spider-Man and have scenes where two people in static masks are throwing dialogue at each other. That movie did a lot of groundwork for what works and what doesn't adapting comics to screen.
Agreed - I'm not judging Raimi, he did the best he could with the time period.

Also I didn't highlight the other comicbook benefit to Spidey's Stark suit - in Spiderman comics, he's constantly riffing in his head, cracking wise or being nervous. In a comic that's easy to do with thought bubbles, narrator asides and the like. In the movies prior to Homecoming though, the way they tried to get this across was just having him talk to himself, which made Andrew Garfield's spidey just come off as kind of crazy. Stark designing his suit allowed him to get Karen to talk to instead, giving them a way to incorporate that aspect of the character without having Peter be a weirdo. (Well, more of a weirdo.) This lets you get compelling scenes where Spidey is alone, like being trapped in the warehouse, and still have him feel like Spidey - unlike, say, Andrew Garfield's giant Pepe Silvia wall of bonkers around his missing parents.