Thread: WandaVision

1. - Top - End - #524
    Firbolg in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: WandaVision

Quote Originally Posted by Clertar View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I have the feeling that the colour-coded magical powers will correlate with the infinity stones, with the different colours tapping into different streams of creation energy running through reality or something like that.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I very much doubt it. The part of the Infinity Stones in the MCU is over for the forseeable future.

I think they're colour coded more to show a fairly standard light vs. dark for the coven vs Agatha, and Wanda's is red to show that it is "chaos" magic which is dangerous and out of control.

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    Spoiler: On Wanda's Powers
    Show

Agatha's Coven ask her if she is a "Witch", implying that a "Witch" is a distinct thing. Perhaps Witches have some degree of Innate power (Sorcerers, to use the D&D term), while Sorcerers (Wizards to use D&D terms) have to study/bargain for their power.

The Coven were probably Sorcerers. Agatha is a Witch who, while nowhere near Wanda's level of power, has studied magic, so she's got her innate power, plus the knowledge and technique of Sorcerers. She uses Runes and has names for her spells.

Wanda is an insanely powerful Witch, one with so much innate power that she can do what she does without the use of any tools or techniques, or any formal magical training.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The way it came off, I think they were asking Agatha "are you one of us". It's "are you a witch?" "yet you have betrayed your coven?"

Agatha doesn't have a different type of power to the rest of them, she's just reached for forbidden knowledge (possibly the Darkhold) which has pumped her up through the power of eeeevil.
    Last edited by GloatingSwine; 2021-02-26 at 01:59 PM.