Quote Originally Posted by Gruftzwerg View Post
First, in chase you missed my edit of my last post on the last page: Imho "trigger" is a specific form of casting. (see Spell Trigger Items).

1. The rules alter the cast to being triggered.
2. Component rules get altered into when you begin crafting (only the first day) and the spell gets triggered
3. It's still altered "spell cast rules" and thus Imbue Item bypasses em with an UMD roll. The first day it fakes the spell cast including the demanded components and every day thereafter he just fakes the spell being triggered without any material components needed anymore (as per specific crafting rules).

Just because they are altered doesn't stop em from counting as spells/casts/components.
e.g. Just because Power Attack alters normal attack rules doesn't stop em from counting as attacks.
As such, just because crafting rules alter spell/cast/component rules they don't stop being them. The warlock fakes the entire altered cast (including components when needed).
i didn't miss anything, i just asked you to prove that trigger = casting instead of just stating your opinion that it's the case.

stating it as your opinion does not = "this is the phrase in the book that tells us that trigger means cast and not something different"