Quote Originally Posted by arimareiji View Post
The "Buy one, get one free" comment flew over my head, guessing either a pun or an alternate phrasing of "they gave me a little extra because I'm a repeat customer"? I'd be grateful if someone more clueful got it and could explain. (^_^)°
Well, it's the bargain of a lifetime. As in she got a second lifetime for free (even though she didn't literally buy her first one from the trolls).
That's how I took it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquor Box View Post
So I agree there is insufficient in those few strips to firmly conclude she is evil, but more than enough to suggest it.
Very debatable, since we know next to nothing about her intentions or circumstances and she didn't cause any actual harm to her prisoners. Whom she bothered to take prisoner instead of killing them in the first place.

People don't have to be pure beeings of good to register as not evil. And nobody claimed Serini was lawful.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquor Box View Post
If you saw people lurking outside your home, thought they might be a threat to your home, drugged them, kidnapped (or captured if you prefer) them, imprisoned them for a time, and then released them, that's criminal in most jursidictions.
Same goes for pretty much everything the OOTS did during their adventures. And their leader isn' just supposed to be not evil but actually good. And lawful to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by dancrilis View Post
I don't know - Durkon seemed to get further to convincing Redcloak then O-Chul ever did, he also convinced a vampire into non-existance.
He talked a vampire into non-existence, but didn't really convince him.
And he got RC to sit down and talk because of his knowledge and mission. When it comes to actual persuasiveness I don't think Durkon can outperform O-Chul.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaScribe View Post
  • Not that Girard has any right to complain, but he seemed to think Soon would go after him over some "Greater Good" excuse.
That's only a valid argument if you assume Girard is a good judge of a paladins character and not at all biased.

• Soon prioritized sealing the Gate over not only his own, but also Kraagor's life, and the flashback says that this inflamed years of preexisting resentments.
Inflaming years of resentment doesn't mean it was objectively a terrible thing to do. Sealing the gates was the common goal of their group and Kraagor most likely knew what he was getting into. It was a tough decision and a tragic sacrifice for sure. But a terrible thing? We don't actually know that.

• We know for a fact that the Sapphire Guard was willing to massacre entire innocent goblin villages just because a few goblin priests carrying out a reckless plan happened to live there.
But we have no indication whatsoever that this mode of operation was ordered or even condoned by the founder of their order. Miko did tons of stuff that Shojo didn't appove of. Like killing him.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWyrmGold View Post
Evidence of Eugene trying to be Lawful Good is somewhat lacking at this point. Moreover, one of Eugene's primary character flaws is not trying.
I beg to differ.
His flaw is not finishing. He's a quitter - which is not in itself evil. We have no indication weather or not he did try to be lawful good in every task he set out to do before he abandoned it.

Eugene is a jerk and we don't see much evidence of him being genuinely LG. But I can't remember much that would register as evil either.