Quote Originally Posted by Raishoiken View Post
What do you mean "spells require casts"? Spells are cast by spellcasters, but it isn't the only way a spell is used. ie: being crafted or used as a spell-like ability.
"Casting" a spell is the most general way to use spells. PHB p169 the Magic chapter (the Primary Source for Spells) starts with "Casting Spells". As already said in my previous posts, SLA's, spell trigger items and crafting make all use of "spells" and thus alter the general spell rules. SLA's also change the way a spell is cast (changing Components and the way AoO behave). Crafting does the same by altering the "casting" to "trigger" and altering the "component" rules to whatever the crafting feat requires (e.g. wands demanding multiple material component costs)..

Sure, "spell trigger" is a type of magic item, but it is not a way you cast spells. Can you counter spell those? No. Why? Because it's producing a spell-like effect, but not actually "casting" the spell. Nowhere have you shown that something has said "triggering a spell through crafting is the same as casting a spell; except as follows" or anything similar, just that "spell trigger" is the name of an activation method
I've shown you that spells need to be cast and that spell trigger is another form of it.
Remember that anything that uses spells needs to either behave under or alter the "spell" rules.
Spell trigger is as such just another form to cast a spell. Wands use "spell trigger" and they cast spells (in a specific way). And yeah, spells from wands are "counter spell"-able. Imho you are starting to throw arguments without even proven em here. Lets take our time here pls. No need to hurry, I don't run away. Nor have I any ill intentions here. I don't think that you really believe/play with your spell trigger is not counterable argument and that you are just rushing argument here. Take you time as I try to take mine. We don't need to feel rushed and get overheated here. (and sorry if I implied things that may not be true. I just try to calm the discussion down here a bit ;)

edit: as a bonus, the crafting section under each item type literally all literally specify what exactly it means to "trigger" the spell when crafting an item:
yeah, it alters the general rules for spell casting and shows how spell casts behave when triggered as part of crafting.

Quote Originally Posted by newguydude1 View Post
as if =/= actual casting.
Have I said something else? I know that it only "fakes" the spell cast and that the warlock does't actually cast the spell (and thus doesn't need to provide components). That's what I'm telling here. I don't see how this should affect my viewpoint?