Quote Originally Posted by Xapi View Post
I would bet real actual money that it is Serini and Rich is not counting or forgot about some appearances.

And the fact that people are here saying "Oh no but you can't NOT COUNT X appearance" as if it was life or death, is in my mind indication that I am right, since Rich has many times said that his readers are way more caught up in such minutiae than he is.
Come now. Since the Giant does not actually count appearences, the Mystery Ally is obviously going to be Belkar or Redcloak.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
We should. A character that doesn't have a reason to be at the North Pole is unlikely to be an ally for the first half of the book, so any proposal of a character that isn't already there that doesn't explain how and why they would get there has a severe flaw.
That's why I think the Mystery Ally is going to be either an agent of Tiamat (yeah, I know, but I'm not giving up on this so easily) – which means access to the Oracle and the infrastructure of a church – or the IFCC's vessel (the Directors know where the Order is and it is trivial for them to transport someone there).