Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
I get the feeling that the folks saying magic should only be/work this or that way in the MCU would just get a resounding belly laugh from the Ancient One.
ehh, she's dead. what's she going to do, decay at me?

Spoiler: ranting and rambling
Show
idk man i just want consistency i think. up until now everything in the MCU has been pretty soft-fantasy, where magic or magical stuff "exists", but is more often then not treated as either psychic ability, advanced science, or advanced technology. So having a sudden jump to "Sabrina the teenage witch on netflix" style magic is just a bit jarring to me, as so far at least, it completely jumps over everything else that's already established.

To be fair, it's only been in one episode so far, it's entirely possible that Agnes's Magic is more like a combination of Dr.Strange's science-magic and Wanda's psychic abilities, as things like "curses" and "Hexes" are just labels her coven put on things. it could still change, idk

I will say just by nature I'm not a fan of the thought of Wanda being born with her abilities, the thought of her being the one to make the missile non-functional kind of diminishes the story for me a bit, makes it feel less tragic and all that? Plus... I've never really been a fan of the whole "Mutants in the MCU" thing. It just feels like it's this whole extra thing that would work better as it's own franchise like it has been up until this point, then as an addition to an already large franchise.

i could see some people being born with special abilities, especially if one or more of their ancestors had special abilities, I'm just not sure i want to see an entire percentage of the population as having them, kinda makes em feel less special you know?