Quote Originally Posted by Liquor Box View Post
To make that comparison you'd have to nominate something Shojo did that was equivalent to the kidnap and drugging.

I can't recall to what extent Shojo might be said to be directly responsible for Miko capturing the Order. Your mileage may vary on whether a national leader ordering the capture of some individuals ostensibly because they destroyed a gate is similar to an individual capturing some individuals presumably (we haven't got a clear explanation I don't think) because they might interfere with her defence of another gate.

The other point is that Shojo was in a lot more strips and might have done enough good to outweigh his part in the orders capture and any lies he told. I can't recall very well, although he was part of Belkar being redeemed.

I agree that you can capture people in some circumstances and still be considered good. I have been very explicit that I don't think anything Serini has done is conclusive that she's evil.

Her kidnapping of the paladins is only one reference point for her alignment. I think it (with the subsequent mistreatment) is an act that leans toward evil in the absence of other references. But I agree is she has a good reason, and other points of reference bring her more toward good, then she may be neutral or good.

You're also right that I determining her alignment now would be to jumping to a conclusion - I have been pretty clear I think that all I was saying was that she's showing signs of evil so far, not that she clearly was evil.
she's also capturing them to protect her gate and is explicitly saying that she's going to let them go, not "if they cooperate", no threats, just "I'm going to hold you here untill I've brewed this here amnesia potion and then you can go on your merry way"

what do you think girard would've done if he'd have captured 2 of soon's palladins?