View Single Post

Thread: The Royal Artificery Society - IC

1. - Top - End - #190
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: The Royal Artificery Society - IC

Shandara's Home

The mention of a mithril-copper alloy immediately gets Bolten's attention and sets the cogs in his head spinning with possibilities. As he listens, however, his brow furrows in thought. Bolten sips at the tea, his second sip more restrained when the minty flavor of the tea is apparent. He hums in thought before giving his answer. "I could, sure enough, but I feel like there has to be a better way to transfer this positive energy. Perhaps a series of focusing runes might be more efficient at directing this energy than copper wire, but even then, there might be other alternatives that can channel the positive energy more effectively."

Bolten sets down his cup and begins listing off options on his fingers. "For example, Elysian bronze might be a more expensive but effective substitute. Yes, it is typically used more against magical beasts than undead, which is what I am guessing the positive energy is for, but perhaps an alloy from the higher planes might have an easier time accommodating positive energy. We dwarves also have special methods for forging steel to direct thermal energy away toward or away from us. I haven't heard of anyone trying to adjust those techniques for positive energy, but it can't be too different in principle, right? I've also heard that the roots of the wyrwood tree are sometimes used to make spears or quarterstaffs capable of stealing and storing life force. Perhaps the wood of the weapon itself could be used to hold some of the positive energy? It sounds like you're more interested in metal weapons, but it may be an option, even if my own experience with wyroot is admittedly limited."

The dwarf stops to take a long sip of tea before continuing. "...You know, I keep making suggestions off the cuff, but that's perhaps the wrong way to go about it. If it's not too much trouble, and this isn't top secret or anything, maybe you could tell me exactly what the target is and what all the gems are for? It's entirely possible that we can enchant the metal of the blade itself to make up for shortcomings in the gems' magical reserves. Then I'll know exactly what you need instead of me dancing around on assumptions."
    Last edited by Prehysterical; 2021-02-28 at 09:47 AM. Reason: IC Knowledge