Quote Originally Posted by Luccan View Post
Baseline FR Sune doesn't seem to be all that concerned about anyone who isn't physically beautiful. Which, if she isn't really into helping people and rejects those who aren't pretty enough (another thing that's apparently part of her lore), makes me question why she's Good instead of Neutral. She's not cruel but she doesn't seem to care much about her followers helping people in a general sense.
This is where I disagree with your impressions. At least for my characters, Sune has been the goddess of finding the beauty and pleasure in everything. It isn't just in the looks, it's in the laugh, and the mind, and the earnest desire to be better.

Now, they might often take an external means, a "clothes make the man" approach. Help someone look good and it will give them the confidence to be their best self, a reasonably common trope.

But it doesn't have to be. A recurring NPC I use is an old retired paladin of Sune. She's a roughly 300 year old gnomish woman with about 3 dozen kids and hundreds of grandkids, very few of which are pureblooded gnomes, because while she was adventuring, she basically was the horny bard, but as a paladin who saw it as her religious duty to find the beauty in every creature she met. And she was very good at it, and got a reputation for just being a good therapist, basically. She didn't focus on changing others, she focused on finding what was already beautiful in them and helping them see it as well.