1. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Houserule: what if Warlocks could replace all invocations on level up?

This change would give Warlocks slightly faster access to invocations with level requirements. But I don't think this is too much of an issue.

However, I personally feel that a player's decision making when building their character should matter. I want people to think about which options they genuinely want for their character overall, rather than what seems cool right now. Especially since these choices are often representative of your character's identity. The invocations you choose are what makes the warlock you build uniquely yours. If every Warlock can swap them around at will then it makes each one less special. It's similar to the issue of "Why does every Warlock have Eldritch Blast?" except arguably worse.

Warlocks can already change out a single invocation each level, and I think that's enough in most cases. I would prefer players plan ahead for what kind of character they want, rather than make sweeping changes every level.
    Last edited by Gale; 2021-03-01 at 03:01 PM.