Shandara's Home

Bolten relaxes a little as Shandara readily agrees to the proposal. Well... that was easier than he had imagined. He gives a little nod of understanding; the information about the bearer's race already causing slight shifts in his mental calculations for the grip on the blade. "It might take me a few days to get the schematics to you. Need to figure out the sizes and all that. In return, I will need you to give me an idea of how large these gems will be so I can make the sockets the right size to accommodate them nice and tight in the hilt."

Shandara's apology causes the ice to thaw away. Bolten starts looking more like his usual nervous but friendly self as he responds, "Oh, I don't mind such details! It's not every day that you learn about a ritual that can be used to kill an immortal sand monarch! In fact, I'm especially curious now that I've started taking up magic myself." He holds aloft his sketchbook with all the pride of a parent displaying their child's artwork. "I'll be the first to admit that some of it may go over my head, true, but it still sounds really fascinating. Maybe, novice that I am, I could still pick up a few things amongst all the magical terms." Bolten gives a self-deprecating laugh as he acknowledges his inexperience. "Still, your magic with the sewer pipes shows that you know much more than I do about such things. Maybe I could understand better with your help." Perhaps the drow might find herself surprised by the look of genuine admiration and respectful attention from the dwarf... A far cry from her childhood.

It's Shandara's perceived rejection of her tea, however, that causes Bolten to fall all over himself in apology. "Oh, there's nothing wrong with the tea at all, Shandara!" To prove his point, Bolten picks the teacup back up and drains the rest of the liquid. "You don't need to make another pot on my account, miss. I confess that black teas are my favorite, but there's nothing wrong with mint." He hefts up the teacup up in emphasis, even having his pinky extended in proper (read: undwarfish) etiquette.
Spoiler: OOC for WindStruck
Show
Shandara doesn't actually have to explain all of that. This might be a good place to fade to black as they go about their assignments.