1. - Top - End - #845
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Major character who has only appeared on 1 page in the entire OOTS saga

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Thirdsies! I dont quite see how some appearances count and some don't, especially when he made a whole thing about the specific number of appearances, and that seems like a pretty big detail to forget.
    I mean...

Out of the four appearances claimed for her, the first one is a picture of her in a book, which it's reasonable to not count, and in the fourth one she's invisible (so she literally does not appear) - plus the whole point is that her identity was unknown; counting her then would have spoiled the surprise.

That leaves only two actual appearances on two pages directly after each other; it's entirely reasonable that Rich blurred them together into one in his head.

My take: It's probably her and there's probably going to be people eagerly anticipating the appearance of the "major character" when the story ends without any other candidates appearing.

Keep in mind that Rich stated that the character would appear in the first half of the final book. Most books have been about 200 pages, and we are
    Last edited by Aquillion; 2021-03-03 at 02:14 AM.