1. - Top - End - #851
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Major character who has only appeared on 1 page in the entire OOTS saga

Quote Originally Posted by CountDVB View Post
    3- Besides helping the Order, I propose she would help Roy with his character development. As a Barbarian, she would empathize with him over the struggle of being viewed as fumble muscle. Additionally, her being a Maenad would further emphasize that given how they are widely believed to be very emotions, yet in person restrained and in the one panel we see of her, she’s very serious looking, kinda like Soon’s expression.

How would she help? My reflecting on the pride of being pure physical classes... and then realizing how dumb it is. Eugene may be a tool, but he can be right at times and she’s comfortable with herself in her skills as a Barbarian to take on a Psionic class (additionally, as a Maenad, her favored class would be wilder and as a half-giant psychic warrior). Alternately, she may give him a homebrew Psionic Prestige class that stacks with Fighter levels.

4- Roy gaining a psionic class would enable him to use his intelligence and wisdom to the fullest, and psions aren’t inhibited by Armor like wizards are I believe. Plus, it would be a good callback to the Psion that could. It would also further show he’s his own man away from his father.

If he did, it could be pure Psion or a homebrew class. Heck, the bonus feat feat in Inquisitor would help out with his Sense Motive. Psionic Weapon would let him do more damage.
    I don't think Roy will take on a psionic class for a couple of reasons, one being that for whatever plot/character purposes Roy needs to diversify his skill set, his ability to channel his sword's latent powers functions in that capacity; for two, I don't know when Roy will find the time to gain a level and add a class.

If anything, I think the character development for Roy would come from Juta shedding light on what kind of person Eugene was as an adventurer, and maybe recontextualizing how Roy thinks about his dad. But I don't know at this point if that would meaningfully affect their relationship; I don't expect Eugene to go back on his promise, even if he wants to.
    Last edited by Ruck; 2021-03-04 at 04:49 AM.